FreeBSD Port: nvidia-driver-1.0.8178_1
Dee Ayy
2006-04-17 00:33:51 UTC
I downloaded the AMD64 version of FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE and tried to build the
nvidia-driver from ports and got an error stating this is for the i386 and I
am running amd64. Now what?

Also, it's been over a year since I've tried FreeBSD. Has the make
invocation changed for BATCH? I don't recall typing "=yes" in
make install BATCH=yes
Is this the proper method to have a non-interactive compile and
installation? Or would it be
make BATCH=yes && make install BATCH=yes
?

Regards.

Posted automagically by a mail2news gateway at muc.de e.V.
Please direct questions, flames, donations, etc. to news-***@muc.de
Benjamin Lutz
2006-04-17 00:48:39 UTC
Post by Dee Ayy
I downloaded the AMD64 version of FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE and tried to build
the nvidia-driver from ports and got an error stating this is for the i386
and I am running amd64. Now what?
The message is correct, nvidia-driver does not work on FreeBSD/amd64. However,
Xorg comes with an nv driver that should work with your hardware. It doesn't
support hardware-accelerated 3D, but works fine otherwise.
Post by Dee Ayy
Also, it's been over a year since I've tried FreeBSD. Has the make
invocation changed for BATCH? I don't recall typing "=yes" in
make install BATCH=yes
Is this the proper method to have a non-interactive compile and
installation? Or would it be
make BATCH=yes && make install BATCH=yes
?
Both will do the same. Maybe you don't remember "=yes" because you typed
make install -DBATCH
last time? It will do the same as BATCH=yes.

Cheers
Benjamin